makes 1 loaf
recipe adapted from Baking Bites
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 1 hr
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 c mashed bananas (2 med-large)
* I used 1 1/2 c mashed bananas (3 med-large)
1/2 c coconut milk
1/4 c butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp rum
1 1/4 c shredded coconut, divided
• Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
• In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well combined.
• Whisk in mashed banana, coconut milk, butter, rum and vanilla extract to sugar and egg mixture.
• Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure no streaks of flour remain.
• Stir in 1 cup shredded coconut and pour batter out into prepared loaf pan.
• Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded coconut on top of the batter.
• Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with only a few moist crumbs attached.
• Turn loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• I am not a big banana bread fan, so if you make this you can judge for yourself. I did find the bread to be a little on the dry side.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING