makes one 9x13 pan
recipe from Mama Lau (Thank you Jonathan and Camila for sharing!)
prep time: 30 min
5 packets gelatin
3/4 c sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
1/3 c water
1 can coconut milk
5 egg whites
pinch of salt
• In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar and gelatin with the water, whisking frequently.
• Reduce heat to medium-low and add coconut milk until the mixture simmers, continue whisking.
• Remove the saucepan from the heat, placing it in a large bowl of ice water until mixture is warm, not hot. Continue to whisk from time to time.
• While the coconut mixture cools down, whisk egg whites and salt in a mixture until stiff peaks form.
* I accidentally over whisked the egg whites, but didn't see a change in the texture or taste.
• Gently whisk the coconut milk mixture into the egg whites until smooth.
• Pour into a 9x13 (or slightly larger) dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
• When the pudding is set, cut into squares and serve.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING