makes 12 squares
recipe adapted from Williams-Sonoma
prep time: 1 hr / cook time: 20 min
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
1/4 c butter, melted
RASPBERRY PUREE INGREDIENTS
1/2 c fresh raspberry
2 tbsp sugar
splash of water
16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 c sugar
1 c lemon curd
RASPBERRY PUREE INSTRUCTIONS
• Put all ingredients into a pot and cook until sugar is dissolved and thick.
• Put the mixture through a sieve and set aside to cool.
• Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
* Create graham cracker crumbs with a food processor or put in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
• Lightly coat the cups of the brownie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
• Press mixture onto the bottom of a brownie pan.
• Set aside while preparing the cheesecake batter.
• Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
• In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the flat beater, beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
• Increase the speed to medium-low and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Add the cream and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute.
• Add the sugar and beat until incorporated, about 2 minutes, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
• Mix one cup of the cheesecake batter with the raspberry purée.
• Mix the remaining cheesecake batter with the lemon curd.
• Dot each crust with the raspberry cheesecake mixture.
• Fill with the lemon cheesecake mixture.
• Dot the tops with the raspberry cheesecake mixture.
• Use a knife and drag it though the raspberry cheesecake mixture to create swirls.
• Gently tap the pan on the countertop to get out the air bubbles.
• Place the cheesecake on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes or until the center is almost set.
• Cool cheesecake. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
* Optional: when cooled, garnish with whipped cream and raspberries.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Cheesecake tips can be found here.
• There was quite a bit of left over cheesecake batter . . . I'd say enough to make 6 more.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING