makes 12 mini cheesecakes
recipe adapted from recipeland.com
prep time: 35 min / total cook time: 23-27 min
3/4 c gingersnap crumbs
3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c confectioners' sugar
1/4 c unsalted butter, melted
16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
1 c sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 c pumpkin purée
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
* I used freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 c coffee flavor liqueur
* I used Kahlua
2 tsp unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/3 c caramel
• Preheat oven to 325˚ F.
• In a bowl, combine gingersnap and graham cracker crumbs with powdered sugar and butter.
• Spread evenly onto bottom of mini cheesecake pan.
• Bake for 5-7 minutes. Let cool while you make the filling.
• In a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
• Gradually add sugar and beat until light.
• Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Divide mixture into 3 bowls.
• Bowl 1, mix with caramel.
• Bowl 2, mix with cocoa powder.
• Bowl 3, mix pumpkin purée, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and Kahlua.
• Evenly divide caramel mixture into the prepared crust.
• Divide chocolate mixture on top of the caramel mixture.
• Top with the pumpkin purée mixture.
• Bake for 18-20 minutes.
• Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• The gingersnaps are much harder in texture than the graham cracker, so I would recommend putting it through the food processor separately since it takes longer.
• I found the chocolate mixture was not as dense as the other two, so the pumpkin mixture just sank. If you don't mind not getting 3 distinct layers, just layer as listed above. If you want to have 3 visible layers, put the chocolate layer last.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING