makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies
recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest
prep time: 25 min / cook time: 7-8 min
1/2 c unsalted butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 light brown sugar, packed
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 c bittersweet chocolate, chopped
•Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat and set aside.
• Place butter into small pot or pan over medium heat. After butter has melted, start swirling pot/pan gently until it starts to brown and become fragrant. Once butter is a golden amber color, take off the heat and pour into the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
• Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat for a few seconds to mix.
• Add egg and vanilla, beat to combine.
• Add dry ingredients and mix slowly until combined.
• With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chopped chocolate.
• Scoop by the teaspoon into pan and bake for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
• Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• For tips on freezing cookie dough, check out The Pastry Affair.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING