recipe adapted from Food and Wine
prep time: 20 min / cook time: 25-30 min
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c + 2 tbs sugar
pinch of salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1/4 c + 2 tbs milk
* This came out to be about 1/3 c milk
3 c blackberry (1 1/2 pints)
* I found 1 basket of blackberries to be plenty
confectioners' sugar for dusting
• Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• Butter a 9" pie dish.
• In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and salt.
• Beat in the eggs, butter and lemon zest until smooth.
• Add the milk and whisk until light and smooth, about 3 minutes.
• Pour the batter in the pie dish and top with blackberries.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the clafoutis is set and golden.
• Let cool slightly, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• The texture of clafoutis is almost like a dense custard.
• I think this recipe could use more sugar. I might try 1/3 c sugar the next time I make it.
• Your clafoutis will stick to the baking dish if you do not butter it well.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING