recipe from my co-worker, Seungmi Louis
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 20 min
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 c kimchi, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 lb shrimp, diced
1 jalepeño, minced
2 slices spam, diced
3 c cold day old rice
1-2 tbsp kimchi juice (optional)
• In a large skillet, heat up vegetable oil and butter over medium-high heat.
• Add garlic to oil/butter mixture.
* Be sure to not burn/scorch the garlic.
• Add kimchi, spam and jalepeño to mixture. Cook until kimchi is wilted and slightly brown but not burnt.
• Add shrimp and green onions to mixture. Cook until shrimp is done.
• Add rice to mixture. If your rice is dry, you can add kimchi juice.
• Toss everything together until thoroughly mixed.
• Cook eggs sunnyside up, season with salt and pepper.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Day old rice is key for making any fried rice. The rice needs to be dry and it helps reduces the chance of wet clumpy fried rice.
• You can use any type of meat in any amount. I happened to have left over spam.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING