recipe adapted from Pass the Pocky
prep time: 5 min / cook time: 5-8 min
1 envelope Knox gelatin
3 tbsp water + 1 1/4 c water
6 tbsp sugar
3/4 c evaporated milk
1 tbsp almond extract
• Mix gelatin and 3 tbsp water in a small bowl. Set aside.
• Mix 1 1/4 c water and sugar into a saucepan.
• Add gelatin mixture into the water and stir well.
• Bring mixture to a boil, stirring continuously until dissolved.
• When boiled, lower heat and mix in evaporated milk and almond extract.
• Pour into mold or large shallow container and refrigerate until firm, about 3-4 hours. Remove from mould or cut into small squares.
* Optional: Serve with fruit cocktail or other fruit if desired.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Gelatin can be substituted with a package of agar agar powder.
• Coconut milk can be substituted for the evaporated milk. It gives the jelly a nice milky shine and a creamier texture.
• To release the jello from a silicone mold, dip the bottom of the mold in warm water and hold upside down over a plate. Continue to dip in warm water until it releases. DO NOT use hot water, it will melt the jello.
• The texture is more soft and silky, not stiff.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING