makes 24 mini cupcakes
recipe adapted from Cupcakes!
prep time: 25 min / cook time: 11 min
1 1/2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c milk (any fat content)
* I used whole milk
6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350˚ F.
• Spray the inside of a 24 mini muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
• Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into a medium bowl and set aside.
• In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until blended and creamy, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the side of the bowl as needed during mixing.
• Beat in the egg, mixing until smooth and thick.
* I did not beat the egg prior to mixing.
• On low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and mixing just until the flour is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
• Fill each muffin cup wiht about 1 1/2 tbs of batter.
• Bake just until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 11 minutes.
• Cool the cupcakes for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
• While the cupcakes cool, put the melted butter in a medium bowl.
• In another medium bowl, stir the sugar and cinnamon together.
• Carefully place the sire rack on top of the cupcakes in their pan. Protecting your hands with the pot holders and holding the pan and rack together, invert them to release the cupcakes ontot he wire rack.
• Turn the cupcakes top side up and immediately roll them in the melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar to coat it completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cupcakes can be covered and stored a room temperature for up to 2 days.
**ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• For regular sized cupcakes, bake for 15 minutes.
• Try dipping the cupcakes in melted chocolate or caramel for an extra sweet treat!
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING