recipe adapted from The Comfort of Cooking
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 18-20 min
2 whole sheet puffed pastry, cut into halves
4 whole apples
2/3 c brown sugar
* I used light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c sliced almonds
• Peel, core, halve and slice apples.
* Sorry, forgot to photograph this step.
• Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
• Add apples to mixture and combine. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
• Place puff pastry rectangles onto 2 baking sheets and spray with nonstick spray.
* I used parchment paper for easy clean up.
• Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go.
• Sprinkle almonds over apple slices.
• Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
• Immediately remove tarts from pan and place on serving platter.
• Top with caramel sauce and serve.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• Other topping options: no topping, whipped cream, sprinkled powdered sugar or ice cream.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING