makes 20 cookies
recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 12-15 min
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
* I used 4 oz.
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c mini chocolate chips
1 c oreo cookie crumbs
* I used graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c white chocolate chips, melted (optional)
• Preheat oven to 375˚F.
• Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• In an electric mixer with the beater attachment, , cream together the butter and cream cheese until they are well combined.
• Add sugar and vanilla to the mixture until ingredients are well combined.
• Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated.
• Stir in mini chocolate chips.
• Coop the dough into 1" balls and roll in Oreo or graham cracker crumbs so cookie is covered.
• Place covered cookie balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
• Cool on the pan for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
• Optional: Once cooled, drizzle cookies with melted white chocolate.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• For a less sweet cookie, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup.
• To ensure my cookies are the same size, I used a medium cookie scoop that holds 1 1/2 tbs.
• For added flavor, you can add the zest of a lemon, lime or orange.
• Try using different cookie crumbs.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING