recipe adapted from Favorite Brand Name Easy-to-Bake Cookbook (page 207)
prep time: 25 min / cook time: 30-35 min
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
1/4 c butter, melted
16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2-2 c mango purée (3 mangos)
* You can also use canned mango purée
MANGO PUREE INSTRUCTIONS
• Peel and dice mangos.
• Pulse in a food processor until smooth.
* If needed, put the purée through a sieve to catch the pulp.
• Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
* Create graham cracker crumbs with a food processor or put in a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin.
• Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
• Set aside while preparing the cheesecake batter.
• Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
• Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixture on medium speed until well blended.
• Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
• Mix half the mango purée with the cheesecake mixture.
• Pour half the cheesecake mixture into the prepared pan.
• Dot the top of the first layer with half of the remaining mango purée.
• Use a knife and drag it though the mango purée and cheesecake mixture to create swirls.
• Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top of the first layer and repeat the swirling method with the remaining mango purée.
• Gently tap the pan on the countertop to get out the air bubbles.
• Place the cheesecake on the middle rack and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set.
• Cool cheesecake. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
* Optional: when cooled, garnish with whipped cream and toasted coconuts.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Cheesecake tips can be found here.
• If the mango purée is sour, mix in a bit of sugar.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING