Michelle is peachy-keen. Literally. When we ended up with two Michelle Lees in our circle of friends, this Michelle became known as Peachie (part of her email address) which is perfect since it also fits our foodie-naming convention for this blog. (Plus, it is so much nicer-sounding than Michelle #2). Thanks to her, we’ve gotten to try a number of her delicious dishes including her signature mango mochi muffins, a recipe she adapted from a friend’s aunt and has shared with us here. The fresh, tropical taste of mangos coupled with the chewy sweetness of mochi is a total win. MMM. (which also stands for Mango Mochi Muffins).
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Posted by Sami and Addie
recipe from Peachie
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 40-45 min
1 box mochiko flour
4 eggs, room temperature
2 c sugar
* use 1 1/2 c if you want your muffins less sweet
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz can)
1/2 c butter, melted
2 mangos, diced
• Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• With a spoon, mix flour, eggs, sugar, baking powder, coconut milk and butter in a bowl.
• Fill the muffin tins half way with batter.
• Place a couple mango pieces into the center, lightly pushing down into the batter.
• Fill the "stuffed" muffin tins with batter.
• Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is yellow and golden brown.
• Let muffins cool slightly in the tins and place on baking rack.
** PEACHIE'S NOTES **
• If muffins stick to the muffin tin, gently remove with a plastic knife.
• If you like plain mochi muffins, omit the mangos. Duh!
• If substituting mangos with other fruits, avoid any fruit that gives off a lot of juice to avoid mushy mochi muffins.
PEACHIE'S DIFFICULTY RATING