makes 12 cupcakes
cupcake recipe adapted from Hershey's Kitchens
prep time: 25 min / cook time: 18-20 min
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
6 tbsp cocoa powder
* I used Pernigotti Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick), melted and cooled
1/2 c milk, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature and lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c boiling water
MINT WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING INGREDIENTS
1 c heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp mint extract
1/3 c sugar
3 drops of green food coloring
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INSTRUCTIONS
• Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350˚ F.
• Combine cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
• Add butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
• Add boiling water and beat to combine.
* Batter will be thin.
• Evenly divide the batter into each cupcake tin.
• Place Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips into each cup, then bake for 18-20 minutes.
• Let cool before assembly.
MINT WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
• Whip cream and mint extract until it looks like whipped cream.
• Mix in sugar.
• Mix in green food coloring until combined.
• Using your favorite tip, fill your pastry bag and pipe a small amount of frosting onto the cupcake.
*Optional: top with Andes Creme de Menthe and chocolate shavings.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• If you don't want a domed top cupcake, fill the batter half way. You will end up with approximately 18-20 cupcakes.
• If you like your mint whipped cream to be stiffer, add a stabilizer such as Dr. Oetker's Whip It.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING