makes 1 dozen cakes
recipe adapted from Technicolor Kitchen
prep time: 10 min / cook time: 20 min
1/2 c + 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 c powdered sugar, sifted
* For a less sweet version of this recipe, cut the sugar down to 1 1/4 c
1 c almond meal
* I used Bob's Red Mill brand
4 egg whites, room temperature
3/4 c unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c apricot jam
* I used blueberry, apricot and strawberry
• Preheat oven to 350˚F.
• Butter a cupcake tin.
* I used Williams-Sonoma's mini cheesecake pan
• Place flour, powdered sugar and almond meal in a bowl and stir to combine.
• Make a well in the center, add the egg whites, butter and vanilla and stir well to combine.
• Divide batter among prepared pans.
• Top each with 1/2 tsp of jam.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
• Allow to cool in the pans for 5 minutes then carefully unmold onto a wire rack.
• If desired, dust with powdered sugar before serving.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• If using a shallow pan, such as a mini cupcake tin, the baking time will be less than 20 minutes. Adjust accordingly.
• The jam will sink when using deeper tins, so if you want the pans to sit on top of the friand use a shallow tin.