makes 1 loaf
recipe adapted from sophistimom
prep time: 20 min / cook time: 1 hr 20 min
1 c unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
• Preheat oven to 325˚ F.
• Grease and flour one 9x5 loaf pan. Set aside.
• In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and ream cheese.
• Add sugar and mix until smooth.
• Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well until each is incorporated.
• Add vanilla extract and lemon zest.
• While ingredients are mixing, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
• Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
• Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
* Optional: After cooling, dust with confectioners' sugar or spread lemon curd on each slice.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• If making smaller loaves, be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
• To freeze, wrap pound cake tightly in plastic wrap. Pound cake can be kept for up to one month.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING