makes 12 cream puffs
recipe adapted from La Fuji Mama
prep time: 30 min / cook time: 22-25 min
CREAM PUFF INGREDIENTS
1 c water
1/2 c butter
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 large eggs
LEMON MASCARPONE CREAM INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 c heavy whipping cream (10 oz)
3 tbsp sugar
1 c mascarpone (8 oz)
2/3 c lemon curd (5 oz)
CREAM PUFF INSTRUCTIONS
• Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
• In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
* I skipped this step.
• In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
• Add butter.
• When the butter has melted, add the flour and salt mixture all at once and stir vigorously. Cook and stir until the mixture forms a ball that doesn't separate.
• Remove from the heat and cool slightly, about 1 minute.
• Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one until the dough is smooth.
• Drop heaping tablespoons of dough about 2" apart onto a greased baking sheet or transfer the batter to a pastry bag with a round tip and pipe circles about 2" in diameter and about 1" apart onto greased baking sheets.
• Bake the puffs for about 22-25 minutes until they are golden brown and puffy.
• Remove the cream puffs from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
LEMON MASCARPONE CREAM INSTRUCTIONS
• In an electric mixer, beat the cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
• In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the mascarpone and the lemon curd until they are well blended.
• Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and gently fold it into the lemon curd mixture until it is smooth and incorporated.
* If you accidentally overwork the mixture it will look grainy or like it is separating. To fix the filling, just stir in about 1 tbsp of cream with a rubber spatula and stir just until the mixture has smoothed out again.
• Place the finished cream in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to chill slightly.
• Transfer the filling to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4" round tip.
• Insert the tip of the pastry bag into the base of each puff and fill.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• I piped out the cream puffs onto parchment paper for easy clean up.
• To keep the sizes consistent, I draw 2" circles on the back side of the parchment paper.
• If you make smaller cream puffs, adjust the baking time accordingly.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING