recipe from Cynthia
total prep time: 15 min / total cook time: 30-36 min
3 eggs, room temperature and lightly beaten
1 c sugar
1 c butter, melted
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c unsalted butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c slivered almonds
* I used 1/4 c sliced almonds and 1/4 c slivered almonds
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp milk
• Grease a 12” torte pan with a removable bottom and set aside.
• In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat eggs and sugar until frothy.
• Add melted butter and flour to egg mixture and mix until combined.
• Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
• Mix all topping ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat until thick and light, stirring constantly. Do not boil, but simmer for 1 minute.
• Immediately pour topping into finished crust and broil until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes in the middle rack.
** ADDIECAKES’ NOTES **
• If you like almonds, consider adding an extra 1/4 c of almonds.
• While broiling, the topping will start to bubble and there is a chance it could bubble over, so if you want to avoid any possible oven clean up, put the torte pan on a cookie sheet.
• Watch the torte carefully when broiling. It can burn very quickly.
• If your torte starts to burn while broiling, take it out and finish the edges with a blow torch.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING