makes 2 1/2 dozen
original ADDIEcakes recipe
prep time: 30 min
1 1/4 c ricotta cheese
1/4 c pancetta, cubed
1/2 c portabello mushroom, coarsely minced
2 c fresh spinach, loosely packed
* This can be substituted with frozen spinach
1/4 c fresh basil, chiffonade and loosely packed
1/4 c parmesan cheese, freshly grated
* I only had pre-grated on hand, but fresh would be much better
1 large egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 fresh ground pepper
1 pkg siu mai wrapper
• In a pan with olive oil, brown the pancetta. Do not discard the oil. Drain pancetta on a paper towel and set aside.
• In the same pan with the pancetta oil, saute the spinach until almost wilted.
• Add the basil to the spinach mixture and cook until wilted.
• In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
• Add 1 1/2 tsp of the filling onto a siu mai wrapper. Lightly wet the outside edge of the wrapper and place a second wrapper on top. Seal tightly, removing most of the air pockets.
• Cook in lightly salted boiling water until they float. Top off with your favorite pasta sauce.
*** ADDIECAKES' NOTE ***
• To freeze ravioli, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 2 hours. Place in freezer bag.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING