makes 15 small rolls
recipe adapted from A Little Bit of Everything
prep time: 30 min (does not include proofing time) / cook time: 20-22 min
1 1/2 c luke warm milk
1 envelope dry active yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1 tbsp butter, softened plus extra for brushing
4 c all-purpose flour
1 can coconut milk (13.5 fl. oz.)
1/4 c sugar
• Mix the lukewarm milk and yeast in a bowl. Leave for a few minutes until the yeast dissolves.
* Milk should be no more than 100
˚ F or it will kill the yeast.
• Add 1 tbsp butter and slowly add the flour.
• Mix until dough cleans itself off the sides of the bowl and forms a smooth bowl.
• Place it into a buttered bowl and leave to rest until doubled in volume, about 45 min.
• When the dough has risen, punch down the dough and make 15 small rolls. Place them in a 13x9" casserole.
* You make 18 rolls and place them in two 8x8" casseroles.
• Let the dough rest again, about 20 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 375
• While the dough rests, mix the coconut milk with the sugar.
• Pour the sweetened coconut milk over the risen rolls.
• Bake for 20-22 min or until done.
ADDIECAKES' NOTE **