makes 30 cookies
prep time: 45 min / cook time: 20 min
1 c unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1 c unsalted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1 1/3 c dark chocolate
1/4 c sweetened coconut, shredded
• Cream the butter until smooth and beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
* I failed to read this correctly and creamed the butter, sugar and vanilla extract all at the same time.
• When the butter and sugar are combined, slowly add flour and beat until incorporated.
• Mix in the 1 cup of coarsely chopped macadamia nuts.
• Transfer dough to a gallon sized ziplock bag. On a flat surface with the top of the bag open, roll the dough into a 9 x 10 1/2" rectangle 1/4" thick.
* While rolling, occasionally turn the bag and lift the plastic from the dough so it doesn't cause creases.
• When the dough is rolled to size, seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
• Preheat oven to 300
• Remove dough from the refrigerator and slit bag open.
• Slice the dough into rectangles, approximately 1 x 2 1/2".
• Place sliced dough onto parchment paper an inch apart and bake for 20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden around the edges.
• Remove from oven and place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
• While cookies are cooling, melt chocolate in the microwave.
• Dip cookies into the melted chocolate and place cookies on wax paper.
• Sprinkle shredded coconut over the chocolate.
• Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens. Store in a cool place.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• I ended up with a few small pieces of cookies due to the uneven size I rolled it out to. You might want to roll the dough out to 10 x 10" and cut even sized squares.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING