makes 12 servings
recipe adapted from Food.com
prep time: 25 min / cook time: 50-55 min
1 c unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 c sour cream
2 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar
1 c flour
1/4 c unsalted butter, semi-soft
• Preheat oven to 350˚ F, oven rack set to second-lowest position.
• Grease a 13x9" baking pan. Set aside.
• With an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter with sugar (about 3-4 min) until well blended.
• Add in eggs and sour cream; beat well, about another 3 minutes.
• In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
• Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture; beat well until combined. Set aside.
* Batter will be thick.
• With an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together all filling ingredients.
• With your fingers, mix all the ingredients until crumbly.
• Spread more than half the batter in the prepared baking pan. The layer will be thin.
• Spread the filling over the cake batter.
• With the remaining cake batter, dot small spoonful over the batter.
• Sprinkle the topping all over the top of the cake.
• Bake for 50-55 minutes or until middle feels set and not jiggly.
ADDIECAKES DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES TASTE RATING