recipe adapted from Quick German Recipes
prep time: 30 min / cook time: 40-45 min
1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp lemon peel, grated
1/2 c milk, room temperature
2-3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
* I used cortland apples
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c unsalted butter, cold
• Preheat oven to350˚F.
• Grease a 13x9" baking pan. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar.
• Add eggs and beat.
• Blend flour, baking powder and lemon peel together.
• Add flour mixture alternately with milk into butter mixture and mix well.
• Spread batter into greased pan.
• Arrange apple slices on top of batter in slightly overlapping rows.
* Optional: dusted cinnamon over apple slices.
• In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar.
• Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles large crumbs.
Sprinkle over apples.
• Bake for 40-45 minutes.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• The lemon peel can be substituted with 1 tsp of almond extract.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING