makes 50 pops
recipe adapted from Kellogg's
cook time: 15 min / assembly time: 1 1/2 hr
3 tbsp butter or margarine
10 oz. regular marshmallows (1 package) OR 4 c mini marshmallows
6 c Rice Krispies
• In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
• Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
• Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
• Lay out a sheet of wax paper.
• Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes, it becomes less sticky as it cools.
• Form a small ball and let it harden a bit on the wax paper, about 10-15 minutes.
• Place a lollipop stick into each formed ball.
* If the stick isn't sticking to the rice krispie treat, let it harden longer then insert the stick.
• Heat the candy melt according to the direction on the package.
• Gently dip and swirl the rice krispie treat into the melted chocolate and sprinkle sugar pearls on top.
* The candy melt hardens in a couple of minutes, so it's best to sprinkle the sugar pearls immediately.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Instead of plain marshmallows, try it with flavored ones such as strawberry or chocolate.
• If the rice krispie is still too sticky to roll into a ball, add a bit of butter to the palm of your hand.
• If the lollipop stick doesn't stay in the formed balls, you can add a some melted chocolate on the end of the stick then insert it into the rice krispie.
• Have a piece of foam handy to hold your rice krispy pop as the chocolate hardens.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING