makes 4 servings
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 25 min
1 c chicken broth
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 c whole wheat couscous
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small red onion, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
2 portobello mushrooms, diced
2 tomatoes, cored and diced
3 c spinach
1 lb. shrimp
salt & pepper to taste
• In a saucepan, bring chicken broth, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from heat.
• Pour couscous into the sauce pan. Stir well, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
• Fluff with a fork.
• While couscous is cooking, heat up a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil and add garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
• Add onions and cook until translucent.
• Add zucchinis and cook until slightly soft.
• Add mushrooms.
• Add tomatoes.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Turn off heat and add spinach until they have wilted.
• Cook shrimp in a small skillet, salt and pepper to taste.
• Take the fluffed couscous and mix together with the vegetables and shrimp.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Other vegetables that can be used: carrots, celery, bell peppers and/or eggplant.
• I ended up with some liquid in my vegetable mixture. Simply drain it and then add your couscous.
• Saffron can be added to the broth as it boils.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING