makes 12 cupcakes
cake recipe adapted from my Mom
frosting recipe adapted from Cookie Confessions
prep time: 20 min / cook time: 15 min
CARROT CAKE INGREDIENTS
1/2 c raisin
1/2 c dark rum
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 c white sugar
2/3 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c grated carrots
2 tsp orange zest
VANILLA MASCARPONE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/3 c mascarpone cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 c confectioners sugar
CARROT CAKE INSTRUCTIONS
• Soak raisins in dark rum for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
• Preheat oven at 375˚ F.
• Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
• In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
• Add sugar and continue beating until well blended.
• Stir in oil, vanilla extract, carrots, orange zest and rum raisins (do not add left over rum).
• Stir in sifted ingredients.
• Pour into prepared cupcake tin.
• Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
• Remove cupcakes from pans and cool.
VANILLA MASCARPONE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
• Mix cream cheese, butter, mascarpone cheese and vanilla together until creamy.
• Gradually add in confectioners' sugar and whip until light and fluffy.
• Using your favorite tip, fill your pastry bag and pipe a small amount of frosting onto the cupcake.
* Optional: dust frosting with cinnamon.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING