makes 12 cupcakes
dulce de leche recipe adapted from Taylor takes a taste . . .
cupcake recipe adapted from Hershey's Kitchen
prep time: 30 min / cook time: 18-20 min
DULCE DE LECHE INGREDIENT
1 can sweetened condensed milk
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
ingredients can be found here
DULCE DE LECHE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING INGREDIENTS
1 c heavy whipping cream
1/3 c sugar
2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp dulce de leche
* If you want the frosting to be sweeter, you can add more.
DULCE DE LECHE INSTRUCTIONS
* Make sure your cans are not dented or damaged in any way. Using a damaged can could lead to problems when cooking.
• Remove the label from the can.
• Place the can on their side inside the crock pot.
• Fill the crock pot with water so that there is at least an inch of water covering the top of the cans.
* Make sure that there is always enough water completely covering the cans.
• Set the crock pot on low and cook the cans in water for 8 hours.
• When cooking is complete, let the cans cool until they are room temperature.
* DO NOT open the cans when they are hot because the cans can explode.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INSTRUCTIONS
• Instructions can be found here.
DULCE DE LECHE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
• Whip cream until it looks like whipped cream.
• Mix in sugar.
• Mix in confectioners' sugar and dulce de leche.
* I just mixed everything at one time (because I was being lazy), but you should really mix everything according to the instructions above to get the correct volume of the whipped cream.
• Using a paring knife, carve a small hole in the middle of the cupcake. Be sure not to cut too deep.
* You can use a spoon to gently remove more of the cupcake if needed.
• Spoon in a little bit of dulce de leche into the cupcake.
• Put the top back onto the cupcake and frost the top.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• If you don't want a domed top cupcake, fill the batter half way. You will end up with approximately 18-20 cupcakes.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING