makes 4 servings
recipe adapted from Closet Cooking
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 13-15 min
1/2 c plain yogurt
* I used greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 small onion, grated
1 tbsp garlic, grated
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin, toasted and ground
1 tsp coriander, toasted and ground
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken, cut into 1" pieces
• Mix all ingredients in a large freezer bag EXCEPT the chicken. Mash together to mix.
* You can do this in a bowl if you want, but why wash another bowl.
• Add salt to taste.
• Place the chicken in the bag with the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour, preferably several hours to overnight.
• Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
• Remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer it.
• Grill the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTE **
• Be sure to oil your grill pan well to avoid sticking.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING