recipe adapted from La Fuji Mama
prep time: 10 min / cook time: 16-20 hours
5-6 lb. boneless pork butt or pork shoulder
3/4 tbsp Red Hawaiian sea salt
3/4 tbsp Black Hawaiian sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp liquid smoke flavoring
* I used 2 tbsp mesquite flavored liquid smoke
• Pierce the pork all over with the tip of a sharp knife.
• Place the roast in a large slow cooker and rub the salt all over the meat.
• Drizzle the liquid smoke all over the meat.
• Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 16 to 20 hours, turning the roast over once half-way through the cooking time. When the meat easily shreds with a fork it's ready.
* Depending on how hot your low setting is on your slow cooker, you may or may not need the full 20 hours.
• Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with two forks, adding drippings from the slow cooker as needed to moisten the meat.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• Use less salt if you are cooking a smaller roast.
• Leftover ideas: quesadilla, macaroni salad, sandwiches or tacos.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING