makes 15 2" cookies
recipe adapted from Serious Eats
prep time: 10 min / cook time: 8-10 min
1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c oats
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/8 c cocoa nibs
• Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
• Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
• Put flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl and stir to combine.
• In a separate bowl, stir together the melted butter, heavy cream, honey, vanilla and olive oil until smooth.
• Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
• Fold in the cocoa nibs.
• Drop the batter by scant teaspoons onto the prepared pan, leaving at least 3" between mounds.
* These cookies spread quite a bit.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until the edges are deep golden brown and the center is mostly set.
• Cool 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• I halved the original recipe. Please go to the link above if you want the full recipe.
• I didn't have heavy cream, so I used whole milk with a bit of extra butter. I do not recommend doing this if you use the original recipe.
• As you get to the bottom of the batter, it has less "filling" so you may want to add a bit more oats to it so it'll stay together while baking.
• Cocoa nibs can be substituted for any finely chopped nut or dried fruit.
** ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING **
** ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING **