makes 12 cupcakes
cupcake recipe adapted from Hershey's Kitchens
frosting recipe adapted from life123.com
prep time: 45 min / cook time: 18-20 min
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
6 tbsp cocoa powder
* I used Pernigotti Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick), melted and cooled
1/2 c milk, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature and lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c boiling water
MARSHMALLOW BANANA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING INGREDIENTS
1 c powdered sugar
1 small jar Marshmallow Fluff
1 c unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, mashed
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE INSTRUCTIONS
• Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350˚ F.
• Combine cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
• Add butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
• Add boiling water and beat to combine.
* Batter will be thin.
• Evenly divide the batter into each cupcake tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.
• Let cool before assembly.
MARSHMALLOW BANANA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
• With an electric mixer, beat the Marshmallow Fluff and butter together.
• Add the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
• Add mashed banana and beat until fluffy.
** ADDIECAKES' NOTES **
• If you don't want a domed top cupcake, fill the batter half way. You will end up with approximately 18-20 cupcakes.
• If your bananas are very ripe, add less sugar as they will be naturally sweet.
• Add more powdered sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, if the frosting is too loose.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING