makes 6 small pancakes
recipe adapted from Blog Chef
prep time: 15 min / cook time: 15 min
3 egg yolks, yolks and whites separated
2 tbsp sugar
1 pinch salt
zest of 1 medium lemon
* I used a Meyer lemon
1 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c all-purpose flour
butter, for frying
• In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks, lemon zest, sugar, salt, ricotta cheese and flour.
• In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they form slightly stiff peaks.
• Fold egg whites into ricotta/flour mixture until well blended.
• Add a little bit of butter to a skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
* Medium high heat was a bit too high, I would recommend using medium to medium low heat.
• Spoon batter into the pan to form a pancake of the desired size you want.
• Cook until the top starts to bubble and/or the bottom is golden brown, flip the pancakes onto its other side and cook until the pancake is cooked thoroughly throughout.
ADDIECAKES' DIFFICULTY RATING
ADDIECAKES' TASTE RATING